Designing and providing education is a teachers’ primary responsibility. For that reason, teachers play a prominent role in the programme, including providing expertise, presiding over the various project groups, and taking the lead in experiments that are being conducted within each project.
The Executive Board has commissioned the Educate-it programme. Its rights and responsibilities as a client have been delegated to the director of Research & Education. Strong ties have been created with the steering group and programme council of the ITS directorate to facilitate technical realisation and administration, and with UUL to facilitate access to information. The programme is directed by a Programme Board, which monitors the use of resources and whether targets are being met. The Programme Board provides day-to-day management and delegates day-to-day leadership to the programme manager. This board convenes once a month.
Members of the Programme Board
- Esther Stiekema, delegated client, president
- Petra de Wit, ITS, senior supplier
- Harold van Rijen, educational technology expert
The programme manager leads the programme. He initiates and coordinates its activities, manages the distribution of resources and is responsible for quality assurance, risk management and communication. The programme manager provides a connection. The programme manager carries out these tasks together with a programme team, which secures expertise in didactics and e-learning, IT and PR. The programme team’s work overarches the subprojects. The programme manager creates a method for the programme team, that describes roles, responsibilities and methodology. Members of the programme team may serve as project leaders of the subprojects.
Members of the Programme Team
- Jan Haarhuis, programme manager
- Mabelle Hernández, programme management
- Sjors van der Beek, project manager, IT expertise
- Daphne van Roosmalen, communications advisor
- Peggy van Schreven, secretariat
The programme manager and the programme team are assisted by a programme council, which serves as an advisory council that monitors the programme’s substantive execution and advises the programme manager and the executive board on what it observes. The programme council consists mainly of professors and students. The president and members of the programme council are the public face of the programme. The programme council convenes four times a year.
Members of the Programme Council
- Harold van Rijen, president, professor in innovation in biomedical education
- Johan Jeuring, professor in software technology for teaching and learning
- Jan van Tartwijk, professor in applied educational science
- Lisa Adriaanse, student at the faculty of Medicine
- Joni Remmits, studentassessor at the faculty of Medicine
- Anja Smit, UBU director
- Marjon Engelbarts, head of the IT department of Science
- Carolien Besselink, ITS director
- Chris Marcelis, faculty director Geosciences
- Vincent Crone, faculty director Humanities
The projects within the programme are led by project managers, who are responsible for the execution of the projects. Each project has a project team that is presided over by an expert, who is a teacher at Utrecht University. Each project team has at least one student as a member.